Monday, September 15, 2008

My Toe'n

I know this is coming a little late since the summer is over but oh well. But as most of you know I worked at the outdoor pool here in Brigham City, I was a lifeguard and I also had the opportunity to teach swim lessons. My sister Shannon was staying up at our house for a week while her husband Ben was out of town so she decided that would be a great time to be able to do swim lessons with Cohen. I had the chance to teach the mom and tot class while they were taking it. It was lots of fun to get to see them everyday and play for and hour with Cohen in the water. But one thing that I never what to experience again is me having to save Cohen from drowning. I will make a long story short! He was playing in the water and got to deep, he tripped and went under water. I think my heart stopped at that moment. I blew the whistle and went in for him. I got to him and Shannon was right behind me. I didn't want to let him go and just wanted to hold him and make sure he was going to be alright (Which he was, it just scared him a little and he cried and then he was fine. What a tough boy!) But I will say I never want to have that happen again. (I think it scared me the most then Shannon and then Cohen.)

I think he just like playing the the basket that we put the toys then learning how to swim!
Thanks Shannon and Cohen for coming and taking swim lessons with me it was so much fun! Love you lots!

2 comments:

benandtheshannon said...

We love you Nan!! Cohen had a great time in swimming lessons. Sorry to scare you to death. I always hated parents that did not keep close to there little ones in the water. To think I am now one of those parents. Well live and learn!! At least I was watching him really close...to bad I was so far away! :) No perminant damage done!

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

You are such a good Aunt! They all love you so much! It's a good thing you were there to help Cohen! You're amazing!