Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Well normally I don't ever get weekends off, and especially not Holiday weekends, so I was very happy to see that I got a Saturday off and I was going to be able to go out and do something. Since it was Memorial weekend Craig and I decided that we would go up to Malad, Idaho to my Brother in Law's family Ranch, and spend some time up there. We got up there Saturday afternoon to find everyone just hanging out and enjoying the day. Not to much was going on so Craig and I decided that we would go for a 4-wheeler ride around the property. We got back and I decided that I was going to finish a book and Craig wanted to go for another ride by himself so he left and I enjoyed my quiet time and a short nap. We had dinner and then enjoyed spending time with family and friends while playing card games.


Sunday morning we woke up about 7. What a beautiful place we live in, I always love being out in nature away from the world and just get to reflect on what a great place we have to live in. Since we were one of the first to get up we decided to get in the truck and go for another ride and just spend sometime together and just enjoy our wonderful Sunday. After breakfast we all just sat around talking, and the men pulled out the guns and decided that they would shoot the field squirrels that were all over. I thought it looked fun so I joined in on the fun, and I have to say I am a pretty good shot. Craig really enjoyed getting to shoot the guns he even asked if we could get one of our own so that when we go up that we have our own. (We will have to see if we end up getting one). We enjoyed nap ( I love not being home and getting the chance to have a nap if I want to). We went for another ride and we went up to one of my favorite spots on the Ranch. It is up by there property line up on a hill, the first time I went up there I told myself I was going to get pictures of me in my wedding dress up there so now I just need to find the time that I can go up there and not have it raining. ( Once I get those pictures i will make sure to post pictures.) All in all I love the Ranch, I am so thankful that Curtis and Karen Christensen are so willing to let us come up and spend time with them. Thank you so so much!
Say Cheese
Craig on the little beastMy favorate spot to be at, this is looking out off the propertyCraig and I, Sunday morning on our driveCraig with his new truck
(He is so proud)Craig and Jim out shooting
Me and Craig
Me and Wyatt watching everyone shoot

1 comment:

Karen said...

We are glad that you like to come up with us! You are part of the family, you know? I'm glad you enjoyed it! Even in the cold and rain. I love the pics!